Goals of Treatment and Rehabilitation
- Protect the injured tissues to allow healing and to control the early inflammatory phase.
- Rehabilitate flexibility, strength, proprioception, and muscle imbalance, and control physical activities with the aid of taping and splinting.
- Sport-specific activities must be tested to ensure the athlete can return to sport safely.
It is obvious that prevention is better than treatment and your chiropractor will always advise the patient on how to prevent the recurrence of the injury
Helpful tips for athletes
- Never train hard when stiff from the previous effort
- Introduce new activities very gradually
- Allow lots of time for warming up and cooling off
- Train on different surfaces, using the right footwear
- Shower and change immediately after the cool down
- Stay away from infectious areas when training or competing very hard
- Be extremely fussy about hygiene in hot weather
- Monitor fatigue, easing off training if tired